[FM Discuss] epub test

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 21:05:10 PST 2010

Couldn't get it at all on an unbroken iphone.

Safari fails when following link directly from email.

iphonebookshelf (free version) fails, because it seems incapable of
grabbing a single book - it needs a "bookshelf". Adding both
http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/collaborativefutures-en-2010.01.26-21.56.12.epub
and http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/ as bookshelves fail with:
"Operation could not be completed. NSXML ParseErrorDomain error 65"

Amazon Kindle app fails because when you first open it you need to log
in and I'm too lazy

i2ReaderLite (free) fails because it comes prefilled with books and I
don't think you can change them unless you upgrade.

Anyone have any tips for reading epubs on iphone?

cheers
L.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 07:22, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> anyone able to test the collab cultures epub?
>> any device will do....
>
> What did you have in mind by 'test' ?
>
> I have zero problems reading that collab cultures epub document on an XO
> with my (non-sugar) FBReader.  [Saw only text - was that intended ?]
>
> mikus

The essence of a rant, in fact, is that the ranter has no idea how to
fix the thing being ranted about.
- Clay Shirky