[FM Discuss] the muddle the model

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Jan 29 00:25:52 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 18:25 -0600, 0v . wrote:
> is part of the CC-BY-SA license,  so,, We're all able to do that

most books in FM are GPL, which also means that this model has always
been possible. however no one has done it. I have been hoping someone
would but no one has...we even built the tool set to make it easy
(objavi)...I'm quite surprised that no one has done it this but on
reflection i think there is the perception that these books 'belong' to
FM 'the publisher'...but its free content....this freedom should be
explored and used...i would love to hear that someone on the fm list
sold x books at a conf and made some $...by doing this you are not just
helping yourself (if it works) but helping promote and support the
software...

adam