[FM Discuss] Netiquette Re: SPRINT ON COLLABORATION - LIMA PERU

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 29 04:12:15 PST 2010

Could I suggest that the pictures be put on a website and you use a URL to point
to them?  Rather than sending them directly?

some of us are on dialup, and dialup which takes glitching to an artform
besides, and having more than a few kilobytes to download not only takes up
valuable time, it also increases the chance that the dialup will glitch itself
into oblivion and we will have to restart downloading the email all over again,
in which we will most probably face yet another glitch and yet another restart
of the email download .... ad nauseam ...

thanks

Wesley Parish
from New Zealand, a first world country with a third world Telecommunications
system ...

Quoting sandra salcedo <sandra at tanq.com.pe>:

> Adam, finally we had our first "book sprint" on "collaboration". As we
> know
> this is just an "inspirational" coincidence that we both, from Peru and
> Germany, were thinking on writing about the same topic. As you know our
> reality is different so we would like to share with you our experience
> specially given that we did it almost at the same time but we took
> different
> roads.
>
> To start, i would say that we never thought on writing this as a book
> with
> chapters or transversal topics. Instead, given our "innocence" in this
> thing
> of writing together we decided to use this as a documentation platform
> where
> to write our own experiences about collaboration in our particular
> contexts.
> In this sense, we call people working on very diverse areas: artists
> working
> with people after the earthquake, people working in radical poor zones
> on
> collaborative education, migration, free software, neighborhood,
> collaboration and development and so on.
>
> I cannot but share with you that my feelings along the sprint were
> similar
> than yours, how are we going to do this!!! but people were so confident
> on
> doing it and the way we were facilitating the sessions that i just
> perseverated. I mean, they did not even understood well when i wrote
> the
> email and asked them to come for the SPRINT , (sprint??? what is
> sprint?
> they confess know they thought considering also that we speak in spanish
> it
> needed a long explanation..!!)
>
> Well, so many things, that the title was COLLABORATION AND WORK seemed
> have had something to do with the fact that everybody accepted to join
> our
> effort. We were from Friday 22 to Monday 25 but we did not spend the
> night
> at the same place together, everybody went home. Eventhough the risk, we
> all
> arrived at 9am to start writing every morning. Something unusual being
> sharp
> on time here in peru!!!
>
> Many topics were transversal in all texts but i want to highlight one:
> CONFIDENCE FOR COLLABORATION.
> It was clear for everyone that the lack of confidence, something not
> only
> common but considered necessary in a post armed conflict country and
> high
> corruption level. However, the amazing thing was that it was clear that
> because of confidence all the projects they lead are running and of
> course
> [...]

"Sharpened hands are happy hands.
"Brim the tinfall with mirthful bands"
- A Deepness in the Sky, Vernor Vinge

"I me.  Shape middled me.  I would come out into hot!"
I from the spicy that day was overcasked mockingly - it's a symbol of the
other horizon. - emacs : meta x dissociated-press