[FM Discuss] on the road to fm booki

Allen Gunn gunner at aspirationtech.org
Wed Nov 24 09:24:02 PST 2010

Hey,

On 11/24/2010 09:20 AM, adam wrote:
> cool...we will organise manuals into groups...so think about a group
> name to house the books...

Is "Aspiration" appropriate?

peace,
gunner

> adam
>

> On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 11:16 -0600, James Simmons wrote:
>> Adam,
>>
>> Sounds good to me.  I've been impressed with my own copies of Booki
>> and it looks like we may use it at work too.  I'm looking forward to
>> getting my stuff migrated into Booki.
>>
>> James Simmons
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM, adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net> wrote:
>>> hi all,
>>>
>>> so finally...with winter (good for working indoors) and not-travelling
>>> for a few weeks comes ...a new install of booki for use for FM. It seems
>>> we will have our very own version. This seems better as it gives much
>>> more cohesion for the FM community...we will be able to migrate content
>>> to/from booki.cc and other booki installs eventually which will add
>>> possibilities for cross-discipline collaboration but for now I think its
>>> best to keep our own booki only for docs on free software...
>>>
>>> i need to hack the templates with the assistance of Aco...and then i
>>> think we are live...
>>>
>>> how does that sound to y'all?
>>>
>>> adam
>>>

>>> --
>>> vote for booki in the Open Web Awards!
>>>
>>> Booki (the latest FM project - http://www.booki.cc - a collaborative
>>> publishing platform) is in the final of the Open Web Awards.
>>> Great! We are 1 of 3 projects. If we win we get 5000 which we will use
>>> to do a code sprint on a tropical island somewhere ;)
>>>
>>> please please please register :
>>> http://www.drumbeat.org/user/register
>>>
>>> and vote for us:
>>> http://www.drumbeat.org/project/open-web-publishing
>>>
>>> and pass this around!!!! :)
>>>
>>> Adam Hyde
>>> Founder FLOSS Manuals &
>>> Booki Project Manager
>>>
>>> Contact Information
>>> German mobile : + 49 177 4935122
>>> Email : adam at flossmanuals.net
>>> irc : irc.freenode.net #flossmanuals
>>>

>>> "Free manuals for free software"
>>> http://www.flossmanuals.net/about
>>>
>>> Free Software for making Free Books
>>> http://www.booki.cc/

- --

Allen Gunn
Executive Director, Aspiration
+1.415.216.7252
www.aspirationtech.org

Aspiration: "Better Tools for a Better World"

Read our Manifesto: http://bit.ly/aspimanifesto

Follow us:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/aspirationtech
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/aspirationtech