[FM Discuss] almost but no cigar

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Sat Feb 5 16:08:15 PST 2011

hey all,

We didn't get the votes. Almost but not quite. We were up against a
voting machine it seems so its pretty amazing we even got so far.

I am a bit disappointed but it will pass shortly. However there have
been three really good things that came out of it:
* while Aco and I sold the idea of booki at Transmediale we met an awful
amount of people that were amazed by it. Actually, everyone we
demonstrated booki to was blown away. I'm really not exaggerating - I
dont think I presented it to anyone (and I must have talked to about 150
people) that wasnt totally into it once they understood it. That is
AMAZING and extremely encouraging.

* The PR from the award will be good for us, and I think Drumbeat will
illuminate Booki and FM on their website when they push the announcement
of the award on their to-be-released new website.

* It was astonishing how much support came back when I did the calls out
for help. Pretty amazing. The comments in the Drumbeat project pages
about booki were fantastic and I received a lot of email and messages
from a wide spectrum of people that love FM and booki. It might sound
gushy, but that has been pretty humbling.

so, while we didnt get the award we did come out with more than what we
came with. Thats pretty cool I rekin.

Founder FLOSS Manuals &
Booki Project Manager

Contact Information