[FM Discuss] Translating flossmanuals : what are the Talk pages ?

Quynh Vu Do vdquynh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 01:32:43 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to look back at
http://translate.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/XO_vi/WebHome

I can see that there are chapters like "GiveMeTheInternet" and
"GiveMeTheInternetTalk".

What are the "Talk" suffixed chapters for ? It sounds like for giving
commentaries. If this is the case, do they need to be translated to
publish the XO manual in Vietnamese ? As I don't see any commentaries
in the original English version. Or can they be left untranslated ?

I have also an interrogation point about the subtle difference between
"edit" and "translate". I can guess that "edit" is for editing
finished translated chapters (i.e. for modifying the existing
translation) and that "translate" is for editing unfinished
translations. Is that the correct interpretation ?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I need to be sure as I'm
expecting to organize a translation session with new beginners.

Regards

--
Vu Do Quynh (M.)
Hanoi, Vietnam