[FM Discuss] Booki for PDF production - seeking titles for TX Linux Fest

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Feb 25 06:47:52 PST 2011

Hi all -

The Texas Linux Fest is rolling around again soon, and I'd like to produce
and bind some books for sale there like we did last year. Last year I made
the interior-page PDFs in FLOSS Manuals and then used cover PDFs to create
the bound book, working with a local printer and with Amazon's services as
well.

This year, I wondered a couple of things:

1. Does Booki has any capability to store cover PDFs or SVGs? If not, can I
help make this happen for a few books?

2. Is there any big difference in the way I make interior page PDFs for a
particular book in Booki? I went to the Introduction to the Command Line
book, for example, at http://www.booki.cc/command-line/. On that page, I
don't see a way to get to Objavi. So I guess I just go to
http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/, but I'm not sure which server to choose.
Possibilities include en.flossmanuals.net, booki.flossmanuals.net, and
www.booki.cc. Anyone know which server contains the best copies of
Introduction to the Command Line, How to Bypass Internet Censorship, and
Open Translation Tools, for starters?

Thanks,
Anne

*Anne Gentle*