[FM Discuss] Der Mundo, crowd translation beta now live

Brian McConnell bsmcconnell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 11:28:37 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we've started testing Der Mundo (www.dermundo.com). Der Mundo is a crowd translation tool. It works like tools such as Babelfish, you just enter a URL and can start translating. The difference is the focus on human translation. It also makes it easy to share translatable links, in the form www.dermundo.com/www.example.com so anyone who follows the link can also contribute translations, and can easily share translations to social media (we'll be adding some machine translation options in the next build, but the focus is on making it easy for people to create and curate high quality translations for interesting or important pages).

If you'd like to test the service or spread the word, you can go to www.dermundo.com and get started.

Thanks!

Brian McConnell