[FM Discuss] a new kind of editor

Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra elisa.dcg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 09:27:16 PST 2011

2011/2/15 Aleksandar Erkalovic <aerkalov at gmail.com>

> Nobody is stopping you to  use EtherPad at the booksprint [and some
> people are] :)  Working on something similar to EtherPad and
> integrated inside of Booki is too much unnecessary work for now. But,
> for what kind of things would you use tool like that?

- because it's fun
- because more than one person can edit the same chapter
(ex two writer can wrote on the chapter, and the facilitator can clean the
html)
( other ex : when a online people is editing the chapter, the sprinter can
edit the same chapter)

At the booksprint on Pure Data we have around 12 people online helping us.
The sprinter have to wait the guy online go away of some chapter to edit
them. One solution is to open two chapter at the same time to keep them
editable.

I don't beleive that never two people don't want to edit the same chapter :)

But i understand that a tool like EtherPad is too much work for now.

Thanks a lot all the developers to take care of our Fm and Booki !

Elisa

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra
> <elisa.dcg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh, no I do not know this, but I take this email to start a troll
> (maybe).
> > I'd love to have at any Booksprint a tool like EtherPad.
> >
> > Elisa
> >
> > 2011/2/15 adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net>
> >>
> >> hey
> >>
> >> anyone tried this: