[FM Discuss] starting a manual ...

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Mon Jan 3 12:42:44 PST 2011

yes, performance is a bit too undefined. even online performance or
networked performance doesn't really make it any clearer; that's why i
had to make up a word for what i do - cyberformance. which we could use
for the name of a group (UpStage is not the only software that would
come into that category) but not many people know what it means.

theatre/performance could be another option; or something that includes
more artforms.

h : )

On 3/01/11 6:59 PM, James Simmons wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I think the word "Performance" is ambiguous here.  She's using it in
> the sense of acting on a stage, etc. where most people would think of
> the sense "Make my programs run faster."
>
> James Simmons
>

>>>   if so, i think i'm going to have to create a new group because
>>> UpStage doesn't fit into any of the existing groups. something like
>>> "online art&  performance" maybe, to encompass things other than UpStage
>>> that will undoubtedly come along? any other ideas? (if you don't know
>>> what UpStage is, please go to http://www.upstage.org.nz)
>> how about 'Performance' as a group? trying to keep them simple...

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen at creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz