[FM Discuss] floss manuals and microblogging

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Jan 20 12:25:20 PST 2011

hey

so. one thing that fm labs has been working on is integrating
microblogging into booki. Microblogging is systems like status.net or
twitter that enable short messages to be sent between people, to groups,
and (in the case of status.net) across social networks.

Yesterday Aco finished the basic implementation of it. We need to push
it further but the potential is extremely interesting. Consider, for
example, that from FLOSS Manuals you can use hash tags to announce book
sprints, call for participation, search for people interested in
contributing to a book etc...then also consider that you could message
from one booki install to another booki install ...

so we have now a very basic system. it has a long way to go but it is in
its basic state. the good news is that the open web book sprint is
happening now with some of the core people from status.net... so we have
some good advisors :)

anyways...i will post more next week on this. also Aco needs some time
to push it further, so don't expect too much just yet...but its on its
way :)

vote for booki in the Open Web Awards!

Booki (the latest FM project - http://www.booki.cc - a collaborative
publishing platform) is in the final of the Open Web Awards.
Great! We are 1 of 3 projects. If we win we get 5000 which we will use
to do a code sprint on a tropical island somewhere ;)

please please please register :
http://www.drumbeat.org/user/register

and vote for us by visiting this page and clicking on the 'vote' link (top right):
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/open-web-publishing

and pass this around!!!! :)

Adam Hyde
Founder FLOSS Manuals &