[FM Discuss] UTF-8 stated but not used

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Sun Jan 23 03:52:57 PST 2011

Hello.

We have been having this same problem in the old Finnish wiki all the time.
Chapter indexes have different encoding than the chapters. Then it is either
Ä or a mess with our Finnish umlauts ÄÖ. And we have been having the
same problem with Objavi. There is always a need to add the Scandinavian or
rather Fenno-Ugric umlauts to the PDF's manually with a PDF editor. Also the
registration has been a problem since umlauts don't work in user names -
some people with Ä or Ö in their name have decided not to register at all.
:)

Regards
Tomi

Best Regards