[FM Discuss] Spell checking in Booki not working, I know how to fix it

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 08:57:47 PDT 2011

If you try the spell checking in Booki a window will pop up but no
dictionaries will be listed.  This is a familiar problem to me, since
I discovered how to fix it in my own Booki install.  The fix is
described in the latest "Booki of Your Own" chapter in E-Book
Enlightenment.  You need to add some entries to your virtual host file
in Apache.  The install script produces a virtual host file that
doesn't have these entries.  I would suggest that you install as many
language dictionaries as possible, especially Spanish.  During the
translation of MYOSA several people pasted their HTML into Word or OO
to get spell checking, which should not have been necessary.

James Simmons