[FM Discuss] new fm (booki) features

ana.cichero ana.cichero at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:54:23 PDT 2011

Genial!! (=Great!!)

I ve just logged into booki to try the new changes and love them :)
Can I add something to your todo list ?
It could be fine that the "owners" of manuals had the permissions for
deleting their own projects

Revision viewing -if you choose 'view' for a chapter in the ToC you get

> a dropdown with all the revisions for that chapter.
>
>  This is *very* useful for translators of
>> course (this is actually why we built it - so translators can see the
>> source as they translate).
>>
>  very useful :) indeed - Our team is resting now but I will report these
useful tools to them and to the olpc sur list.
This changes are very inspiring for starting new jobs.

>> In addition to all this Aco built a very nice info interface for all
>> manuals. Each manual now can be viewed in three ways :
>>
>> eg:
>> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/**ardour/_edit/<http://booki.flossmanuals.net/ardour/_edit/>
>> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/**ardour/_info/<http://booki.flossmanuals.net/ardour/_info/>
>> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/**ardour/_draft<http://booki.flossmanuals.net/ardour/_draft>
>>

>> It is very good. Draft view gives you an easy tool for checking the whole
of your work when still unpublished.
I observe a minor error on info page , i don t know if it is or not a bug:
The link any name that worked on a manual goes always to the owner of the
manual.

>> Eventually we want to add other info to the _info but and ideas are very
>> welcome.

------------------------------
I see another big change on Booki editing window that is not mentioned in
the original mail.
A wonderful new tabvisible by the owner of the manual:   "Settings"

It will encourage collaborative writing as it allows you to set roles and
multiple copyright attribution.
Having the chance to add customized chapter status as "checked by name" or
"missing spelling check" makes the Index (Table of contents) of the book an
optimal place for coordinating between multiple users.

>> So thanks thanks thanks to Aco for all of this and for managing the
>> upgrade and merging etc.
>>
>> Ok...next up and equally exciting. Fm now has micromessaging services.
>>
>> Could  you add this messaging services for Booki users ?
Congrats for these tools!