[FM Discuss] Two recent efforts in collaborative writing

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Sat Jul 9 06:02:45 PDT 2011

I think the notion of group writing is really taking off now. I'm sure
neither of the groups that started the following projects knew of FLOSS
Manuals:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cUjZ_7rlAmKRDVB6GXId73h_eUdXGKdjtSff0svbaz0/edit?pli=1&hl=en_US

http://www.meetup.com/bostonphp/messages/17615861/

I met the person who started the second project, and urged him to take a
look at FM as a platform.

Platforms vary, and probably lots of different platforms are good for
composing. The big issues will be who can import from other sources,
export to other platforms, and generate various formats.

Andy