[FM Discuss] admin upgrade

adam adam at flossmanuals.net
Mon Jun 6 09:00:40 PDT 2011

hi

Due to the wonderful efforts of Andrey Podshivalov from Sourcefabric we
have a much improved admin system. Thanks thanks thanks to Andrey and to
the Sourcefabric team.

The new admin system runs on sqlite now and has some improved features
and better security. The main improvement that will be noticable to
those that use it is that you now can just update the book that you are
responsible for - you dont see all the other fm manuals too...that makes
it a lot more efficient.

As well as that the update mechanism is much better. I will improve it
still a little since Gearman works for scheduling updates of manuals but
not for grabbing new material.

Anyways, suffice to say that the system is much more robust now. Please
feel free to use it and we are now opening the door to anyone that needs
to use it. If you want to be maintainer for a manual thorugh this sysem
then email me on or off the list.

(I will also add Daniels CSS changes to the system in the next day or so)

:)

Founder, FLOSS Manuals
Project Manager, Booki
Book Sprint Facilitator