[FM Discuss] more feedback please :)

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Sun Jun 12 05:57:36 PDT 2011

for my purposes, not very much, because there isn't an existing group
that the UpStage manual fits into easily, & i haven't yet worked out
what kind of group would be best to start for it. i don't want to create
a group that's only going to have UpStage in it, but we had a bit of
discussion earlier about different categories (from networked
performance to simply "arts") & didn't come to any definite conclusion.

so at the moment, the only way that the UpStage manual is visible on the
FM home page is when it's been updated & appears in the "new" group.
since we are updating it reasonably frequently at the moment, it's
usually showing up there, & we also have direct links to it from the
UpStage site, but it would be nice if there was a way to have it always
visible on the home page without having to be in a group.

would it be better to use some kind of tagging system, so that rather
than having to choose one group to put your manual in, you could give it
several tags, & then people could search by tags or browse the whole list?

h : )

On 12/06/11 1:13 PM, adam wrote:
> can i ask a question about groups - do groups make sense in the
> current booki model?
>
> adam

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen at creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz