[FM Discuss] Strange problems with PDF of Spanish version of MYOSA

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:30:56 PDT 2011

The Spanish version of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" is ready to
publish, but when I attempt to make a PDF to submit to the Internet
Archive I'm getting a weird problem with the TOC.  It looks like this:

Table of Contents
Actividades Sugar
  1 Introducción
             2
  2 ¿Qué es Sugar?
             4
  3 ¿Qué es una Actividad Sugar?
             7
  4
             8
Programación
  5 Instalar el entorno de desarrollo.
  6 Crear tu primer Actividad Sugar
  7 Un programa Python autónomo para leer etexts
  8 Heredar una Actividad desde sugar.activity.Activity
  9 Empaquetar tu Actividad
 10 Agregar detalles
    h1 { margin-top: 0.78cm; margin-bottom: 0.11cm; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
    background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; line-height: 100%; text-
    align: left; orphans: 2; page-break-after: auto; }h1.western { font-family:
 11
    "Liberation Sans"; font-size: 17pt; }h1.cjk { font-family: "DejaVu
Sans"; font-
    size: 12pt; font-weight: normal; }h1.ctl { font-family: "DejaVu Sans"; font-
    size: 12pt; font-weight: normal; }p { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; }
 12 Internacionalizarse con Pootle
 13 Distribuir tu Actividad

Notice that chapter 4 has no title at all, and chapters 10 and 11 seem
to be displaying style information where the chapter titles should be.
 I thought this might be an issue with the custom style sheet I was
using, but it does the exact same thing with the default style sheet.

Here is a link to the generated PDF using the default style sheet:

http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/comohacerunaactividadsugar-en-2011.06.17-22.23.48.pdf

This is the link to edit and publish the manual:

http://booki.flossmanuals.net/como-hacer-una-actividad-sugar/edit/

It looks like there are several problems with the PDF.  The section
contents for ACTIVIDADES SUGAR has no chapters listed in it.  Same
thing for PROGRAMACIÓN.  On page 22 a heading is overlaid on top of
the following paragraph.  Similar problem on page 30.  None of the
chapters in the body of the document have numbers.  Page 77 is missing
a screenshot.  Same for page 87 and 91 and 96.  (Maybe the links to
pictures point to the wrong place.  That might be a problem with the
translators using Booki incorrectly).

I hope we can straighten this out quickly.  Ana and her team have done
what looks to be a terrific job.  They even put in footnotes
explaining my lousy jokes.  You can't ask for that kind of dedication.

Thanks,

James Simmons