[FM Discuss] Optimizing images for printing

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Wed Nov 2 07:14:20 PDT 2011

Yeah, we haven't really been thinking so much about printing most of the
manuals, but earlier this year we printed the Open Media Production book
since it was basically describing the workshops that were developed by
m-cult in the Medios project, and I had to do the HTML bit by bit and
always make a new version of the PDF to see how it would look there. Then I
didn't actually try to use CSS, which I might try next time.

Another thing about images is that I noticed that changing the name of
images would be very useful for collaborative writing, since many people
(me included) tend to name everything just Screenshot1 to Screenshot999.
And for collaborative writing it should be something like
ChapterName_ImageName, which I pretty much start to think about after I
have uploaded the screenshots.

2011/11/2 adam <adam at flossmanuals.net>

> yeah...more magic, less control
>

> On 11/02/2011 10:59 AM, Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra wrote:
>
>> 2011/11/2 Aleksandar Erkalovic<aerkalov at gmail.com>

>>> or

>>> don't worry, considering it is important feature and requires lots of
>>> changes it will not be implemented without consulting with others.
>>> there will be possibility to have automatic conversion (for those who
>>> don't care or are not aware what is going on) and to manually upload
>>> images of different dpi.
>>>
>>> aco
>>>

>> Ok nice :)
>> Elisa