[FM Discuss] Thunderbird update sprint finished

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Thu Nov 10 11:22:47 PST 2011

Sure.
What information do you think should be included? Would you have time
to do that? If not, I can probably tackle it early next week.
--//

I'd be happy to put the time in to do it if you let me know how you can see
it interacting with your content.
There's some great stuff there - I didn't write it or anything but I think
it's dead useful and could really flesh out some of the security stuff you
have there.

I think it would be good if other people on the list maybe chip in with
ideas about how to best keep both versions up to date, once they are split.

Anyway, the chapters that could be good are
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch023_using-thunderbird/
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch024_security-options/
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch025_some-additional-security-settings/

http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch027_mail-encryption-gpg
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch028_installing-gnupg/
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch029_installing-pgp-on-osx
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch030_installing-pgp-on-ubuntu
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch031_setting-up-pgp
http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/ch032_daily-pgp-usage/

I'll leave it up to you Scott to have a think about it and how it could
work and I'll be happy to do some of the donkey work if you come back with
a plan.

nice one
mick

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Scott Nesbitt <nesbitt.scott at gmail.com>wrote:

> >I wonder if you also considered including some of the basic internet
> security materials for the security section
>
> Sure. What information do you think should be included? Would you have
> time to do that? If not, I can probably tackle it early next week.
>
> Scott

Clearer Channel Project back on the rails using newish technology
http://clearerchannel.org - video, radio popular education and free software

Also check out the Green Zone project and the Redbricks Housing thing
http://redbricks.org - housing estate, community garden and eco stuff