[FM Discuss] urgent help with manual

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Sun Nov 20 05:24:22 PST 2011

Hi,

I am in Kenya and I have encountered some problems related to low
bandwidth. I have been thinking about a manual about how to get and use
FLOSS software in low bandwidth or no bandwidth situations. I have been
thinking mainly about VALO-CD (www.valo-cd.org) which is basically
self-replicating even without any internet connections, since you could
always make new copies of the CD with the Infrarecorder included on the CD.
But it would probably be easy to find more solutions like that and include
them in the manual.

But there will probably be a lot more ideas related to this when we have
some meetings with local FLOSS people next week.

Regards
Tomi

2011/11/20 Andy Oram <andyo at oreilly.com>

> I think I have some time about four hours from now.
>
> Andy

Best Regards
Tomi Toivio
Open Source Coordinator