[FM Discuss] Open source social media manual?

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Wed Feb 1 14:21:24 PST 2012

> a but in the mind of how to bypass internet censorship
> (but here... how to by pass internet bigbrotherhood :-) )

Funny you mentioned that, since some Teletubby-level bigbrotherism has
risen again. Internet Censorship has been implemented in Finland again.

The Pirate Bay is censored. I heard rumours a lot of the stuff on Pirate
Bay actually wasn't licensed with CC-BY-SA or GPL, so I don't feel like
there is a high level of political or economic oppression, but internet
censorship tends to spread according to the random whims of nameless
bureaucrats and could pretty soon include even FLOSS Manuals, since it
contains purely criminal information like the How to Bypass Intenet
Censorship manual. Sites critical of internet censorship were censored when
we had the last round of censorship a few years ago.

I should contact some organizations and see if they are actually willing to
contribute to this.

Regards
Tomi