[FM Discuss] LATOBJ is on Create Space

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 08:39:25 PST 2012

The first book written using Booki (or Booktype) that is on a
non-technical subject is now being sold as a paperback on CreateSpace
and Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Times-Bhakta-Jim-Elaborate/dp/147000898X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329753364&sr=1-2

How exactly you would go about buying the book on Create Space without
being the author is a mystery.  They tell me it is possible.

If I did not include photos in the book I could have prepared the
whole submission using Booki and OBJAVI.  As it was, I had to copy the
chapters into Open Office and use 300 DPI photos.  Printing the book
with a full color interior is too expensive to consider.  I would have
had to charge $40 a copy, and nobody would pay that.  I did manage to
get a colorful photo on the back cover.

I am considering putting my other two books on CreateSpace.  The first
one, "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!", is already on Lulu but
probably not selling that well.  (FM gets the royalties, not me, so I
don't know).  I'm thinking that having printed versions of the books
on Amazon might give the e-books some credibility, and a printed book
is better for a programming manual.  Source code listings just don't
work in an e-book.

James Simmons