[FM Discuss] Serious problem with OBJAVI

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:42:48 PST 2012

I am going to publish "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" on Create
Space.  I submitted the PDF I had given to archive.org, then decided I
might be better off to generate a new PDF from Booki.  I used the
following style sheet:

body {
  font-family: "Palatino Linotype", Georgia, Serif;
  font-size: 14pt;
  background: #fff;
  color: #000;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6{
  font-family: "Gentium Book Basic";
  page-break-after: avoid;
}

.unseen{
  z-index: -66;
  margin-left: -1000pt;

}

.objavi-chapter{
  color: #000;
}

h1 .initial{
  color: #000;
  font-size: 2em;
}

.objavi-subsection{
  display: block;
  page-break-before: always;
  font-size: 15pt;
}

body .objavi-subsection:first-child{
  page-break-before: avoid;
}

.objavi-forcebreak {
  page-break-after: always;
}

.objavi-subsection .initial {
  font-size: 1em;
  color: #000;
}

.objavi-subsection-heading{
  font-size: 24pt;
  font-weight: bold;
}

h1 {
  page-break-before: always;
  background: white;
}

table {
  float: none;
}

h1.frontpage{
  font-size: 48pt;
  text-align: center;
  page-break-after: always;
  page-break-before: avoid;
  max-width: 700px;
}

div.copyright{
  padding: 1em;
}

table.toc {
  /*border: 1px dotted #999;*/
  font-size: 17pt;
  width: 95%;
}

td.chapter {
  padding-left: 2em;
  text-align: right;
}

td.pagenumber {
  text-align: right;
}

td.section {
  font-size: 1.1em;
  font-weight: bold;
}

p, ul, ol {
  page-break-inside: avoid;
}

pre, code, tt {
  font-family: "Courier New", "Courier", monospace;
  font-size: 12pt;
}

pre {
  max-width:700px;
  overflow: hidden;
}

img {
  max-width: 700px;
  height: auto;
}

I also specified an ISBN that Create Space had given me:

978-1470124908

I used the Crown Quarto output size.

What happens when I try and do an Export from Booki is that the
thermometer control goes about 10% of the way across and quits, giving
me a link to a 300+ byte file named like my PDF would be named but
obviously not containing any of my book.  When I try to use OBJAVI
directly at this URL:

http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/

all I see is the Booki Blog.  So it looks like there is no way for me
to get the PDF I need.

James Simmons