[FM Discuss] fi.flossmanuals.net Booktype localization, CSS and other stuff

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Tue Feb 21 01:11:49 PST 2012

Hi Tomi,

> How will the Booktype localization be handled? Is there going to be some
> centralized repository of localization files?

I believe that's the plan. Sourcefabric's Newscoop has an online
localizer which translators can log into and translate as many strings
as they wish.

> Cause Finnish localization
> should be done again and the amount of strings isn't so big

Please create an account for yourself at:

https://login.sourcefabric.org/register

and create a ticket for this task at:

http://dev.sourcefabric.org/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

You will need to select Booktype from the Project drop-down menu. If you
can help with the localization, please add a note about this to the ticket.

> Does anyone have any plans for creating an FM CSS file for the Booktype?
> I don't feel too artistic now so I would just change the logo... And
> maybe change blue into orange...

I'm not sure how Booktype 1.5 could be skinned to look like the current
flossmanuals.net sites. The layout of the flossmanuals homepage is quite
different, so there may be some custom alterations there.

> Maybe it is good to keep the Booktype
> logo for a while so people notice something has changed...

We could put something like 'Flossmanuals - powered by Booktype' with a
link to the Booktype homepage.

Cheers!

Daniel