[FM Discuss] english fm design

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Mon Jun 18 04:08:23 PDT 2012

Hi Tomi,

> Should there be a robots.txt for Objavi as well? Since currently you can
> find those manual versions hanging there with Google.
>
> Like this
> one: http://objavi.booki.cc/books/audacityopas-en-2012.03.23-10.46.09/index.html

Personally I would like to see readers directed towards the latest
version of each manual on the Booktype instance, where they can get
involved in editing, not Objavi where all they can do is download static
output copies (most of which will be out of date already).

An issue with all those Objavi copies is that we might get lower page
rank for our manuals due to massive amounts of duplicates (which might
be detected as spam, or get a few links each). I publish several times a
week, and the new copy is usually 99% identical to the previous one.

So my suggestion would be that we disallow crawling of all files on
Objavi, if we don't already.

Cheers!

Daniel