[FM Discuss] english fm design

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Tue Jun 19 07:27:27 PDT 2012

2012/6/18 Daniel James <daniel.james at sourcefabric.org>

> They aren't likely to reveal that, but we can use their webmaster tools
> to remove pages which shouldn't have been indexed.

I have been having trouble with this on the Bookipublisher side as well.
Such as the old version of Audacity manual was just
fi.flossmanuals.net/audacity/ and the new one is
fi.flossmanuals.net/audacity-opas/... And it apparently takes forever for
Google to show the new one in search results instead of the old one. I just
wonder what happens if I remove the old one from the search results with
webmaster tools. Would Google decide that the new version actually isn't
such a popular page and drop it down in search results?

Actually this is kinda important, since most readers come from Google and
the most popular search word is Audacity. :)

--
Best Regards
Tomi Toivio
tomi at flossmanuals.net