[FM Discuss] Modifying Bookipublisher

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Mon Mar 25 06:26:47 PDT 2013

Also, that server is under constant SSH brute force attack. Just like
every other server, but it still makes me wonder WTF is going on when
even new test servers attract these attacks very fast.

The attackers have basically zero chances of getting through (before
year 4000 or 4 000 000 or something). It is just too interesting to
monitor what is going on instead of doing something useful like
localizing Booktype.

Some basic level of Linux server hardening is needed everywhere now,
at least install fail2ban if nothing else:
http://www.fail2ban.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page