[FM Discuss] {Spam?} Re: Volunteer Manual maintainers wanted to test migration

mark mark at aktivix.org
Sun Jul 5 05:51:32 PDT 2015

Mick FM:
>   * Then check if the content has been migrated ok and report back any
>     errors or omissions (especially check the images)

OK! I'm working my way through the puredata book slowly, because it's a
delight to revisit it. I've finished the first 3 sections and I have a
few things to report.

There's something strange going on in the window title - where did
"WhatIsRGP" come from? https://www.anony.ws/image/DyS8

In booktype.pro, when I try to "view draft" I get this error: "I don't
know what to do! There is more then one chapter named - "introduction".
I am not sure which one to show." I thought perhaps this was because
there was a section with the same name as the first chapter, but
changing its name made no difference. Therefore the rest of these
observations are from edit > view.

The changed style of h2 in the css has reduced padding-top from 15px to
0px which makes preceding paragraphs appear too close to the following
h2 title, which seems undesirable to me:

good: https://www.anony.ws/image/DySm
bad: https://www.anony.ws/image/DySw

good: https://www.anony.ws/image/DySu
bad: https://www.anony.ws/image/DySf

<pre> doesn't wrap

good: https://www.anony.ws/image/DySh
bad: https://www.anony.ws/image/DySR

bad: https://www.anony.ws/image/DySs

That's all so far. Thanks again to all the authors, I'm really enjoying
the book again.

Cheers,
Mark