[FM Discuss] Volunteer Manual maintainers wanted to test migration

Mick FM mick at flossmanuals.net
Mon Jun 29 03:52:55 PDT 2015

On 29/06/15 11:39, Anna F J Morris wrote:

> Hi, I can't do this step for phpList because it was never published to FM.

You'll need to put in - http://booki.flossmanuals.net/phplist/
The address on the WRITE part of the FLOSS Manuals site.

> If I do this for the kdenlive book does this make me "owner" or
> "maintainer" or something? I am not sure I want that role....

Good question!

No don't worry about that, this is a test of a migration, so while it
would be great for community members to step forward and adopt manuals,
doing this won't sign you up to do that.

Once we test this migration route then reaching out for maintainers /
guardian is a good next step. It might be nice to think about what that
role can entail as well. For example I would like there to be a pretty
low barrier to entry to being a guardian of an existing manual. So that
it is not your responsibility to keep the manual up to date. However is
someone pops up on the list as says, can I contribute / update this
manual, the guardian could encourage that contribution.

nice one
Mick