[FM Discuss] New URL for writing manuals. http://write.flossmanuals.net

Mick Chesterman mick at flossmanuals.net
Wed Sep 9 00:53:10 PDT 2015

Hi Helen,

These are good questions. Let's see if we can work them out with some
help from Daniel.

Daniel, do you know the answers to some of the below.

On 08/09/2015 20:30, helen varley jamieson wrote:
> hi mick,
> great work. i just checked the UpStage manuals & it looks like they
> have come through, altho the one that is called v2 draft is actually
> the v3 draft. how can i correct that?

I can do that, but let's see if we can get you access to that too.
Daniel, is it possible to add other users to access the control panel?

> it shows you as the owner of everything - does that mean there will be
> things that i can't do with the manuals (such as delete them)?

I've added you as an administrator of the book here -
http://write.flossmanuals.net/upstage-v3-user-manual-draft/_edit/
Can you see what extra things you can do now?
> is it possible to add a description to the page for a manual? for
> instance i'd like to make it clear that on the old manuals that they
> are not for the current version of UpStage.
Sounds good. What would be the ideal way to do that for you?
We are redesigning the read pages at the moment and creating a short
description for each book on the front pages. I wonder if that would do it.

nice one
Mick