[FM Discuss] Ten years of FLOSS Manuals

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Mon Mar 7 08:28:40 PST 2016

maybe it would be better to do something on the 1st of june then, since
tomorrow is a bit too spontaneous ... (& also already celebrated,
international women's day). i can't be in berlin nor organise nor
fundraise but it would be nice to mark it in some simple way.

h : )

On 7/03/16 7:48 42PM, Micz Flor wrote:
> The domain was registered... tomorrow, ten years ago :)
>
> Domain Name: FLOSSMANUALS.NET <http://FLOSSMANUALS.NET>
> Creation Date: 2006-03-08T09:45:40.00Z
>
> (which much too short to organise any party... but possibly enough
> time for a gooooood press release?)
>
> The first snapshot on archive.org <http://archive.org> is from the 1st
> of June
> https://web.archive.org/web/20060601072102/http://flossmanuals.net/
>
> This seems possible to do.
>
> Being based in Berlin, I am tempted to offer that I would be happy to
> organise something here in the city. Possibly in partnership with
> Sourcefabric, or - if preferred - totally independent. Something
> smei-formal in the spirit of FLOSS Manuals and circling around the
> topics of OSS, documentation and collaboration.
>
> I can not fundraise, I can not organise travels, I can organise a
> venue and work on a schedule / programme.
>
> All the best, micz
>

> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Anna Morris <anna at phplist.com
> <mailto:anna at phplist.com>> wrote:
>
>     Do you know the exact date?

>     On 07/03/16 08:37, Micz Flor wrote:
>>     Hi everybody,
>>
>>     if I am not mistaken, 2016 marks the tenth anniversary of FLOSS
>>     Manuals.
>>
>>     How and when to celebrate this best?
>>

>>     --
>>
>>     Micz Flor
>>     Co-Founder and Communications Director
>>     micz.flor at sourcefabric.org <mailto:micz.flor at sourcefabric.org>
>>     www.sourcefabric.org <http://www.sourcefabric.org>
>>
>>     Prinzessinnenstrasse 20
>>     10969 Berlin, Germany
>>     Phone: +49 (0) 30 616 29 281
>>     <tel:%2B49%20%280%29%2030%20616%2029%20281>
>>     Fax: +49 (0) 30 616 29 283
>>     <tel:%2B49%20%280%29%2030%20616%2029%20283>
>>
>>     Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 149568B
>>     USt: DE288649893
>>     Managing Directors: Sava Tatić, Fabienne Riener

> Micz Flor
> Co-Founder and Communications Director
> micz.flor at sourcefabric.org <mailto:micz.flor at sourcefabric.org>
> www.sourcefabric.org <http://www.sourcefabric.org>
>
> Prinzessinnenstrasse 20
> 10969 Berlin, Germany
> Phone: +49 (0) 30 616 29 281
> Fax: +49 (0) 30 616 29 283
>
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 149568B
> USt: DE288649893
> Managing Directors: Sava Tatić, Fabienne Riener

helen varley jamieson
helen at creative-catalyst.com <mailto:helen at creative-catalyst.com>
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.upstage.org.nz

/Unaussprechbarlich/, München, November-Dezember 2015
<http://unaussprechbarlich.tumblr.com/>