[FM Discuss] Site down? and continuing: Ten years of FLOSS Manuals

Micz Flor micz.flor at sourcefabric.org
Thu Mar 31 02:21:03 PDT 2016

Just wanted to send another ping into the list. Any energy to celebrate ten
years of FLOSS Manuals?

And I want to add a question: http://en.flossmanuals.net/ seems to be down
("It's not just you! http://en.flossmanuals.net looks down from here.")

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 5:28 PM, helen varley jamieson <
helen at creative-catalyst.com> wrote:

> maybe it would be better to do something on the 1st of june then, since
tomorrow is a bit too spontaneous ... (& also already celebrated,
international women's day). i can't be in berlin nor organise nor fundraise
but it would be nice to mark it in some simple way.

> h : )
>

> On 7/03/16 7:48 42PM, Micz Flor wrote:
>
> The domain was registered... tomorrow, ten years ago :)
>
> Domain Name: FLOSSMANUALS.NET
> Creation Date: 2006-03-08T09:45:40.00Z
>
> (which much too short to organise any party... but possibly enough time
for a gooooood press release?)

> The first snapshot on archive.org is from the 1st of June
> https://web.archive.org/web/20060601072102/http://flossmanuals.net/
>
> This seems possible to do.
>
> Being based in Berlin, I am tempted to offer that I would be happy to
organise something here in the city. Possibly in partnership with
Sourcefabric, or - if preferred - totally independent. Something
smei-formal in the spirit of FLOSS Manuals and circling around the topics
of OSS, documentation and collaboration.

> I can not fundraise, I can not organise travels, I can organise a venue
and work on a schedule / programme.