[FM Discuss] Form submission from: Get Involved Form

Mick mick at flossmanuals.net
Fri Jan 27 04:49:22 PST 2017

Dear Cathy,

Many thanks for your interest in volunteering for FLOSS Manuals.
I've cc-ed our community list to introduce you. You can join the list
here if you are interested to do so.

You mentioned you are interested in writing, editing and development.
Our main project at the moment is to finish work on our new front page
which you can see here.
http://flossmanuals.net/

We are looking to do the following things and you may be able to help.

1) identify and fix links which don't work on that page (report should
be logged here https://gitlab.com/mickfuzz/fm_en_splash/issues)

2) add manuals which are on the old site but not the new one (the old
site is still live here (http://archive.flossmanuals.net/)

3) Improve summary texts of manuals on the front page to make it clear
what the software is and what you can do with it. :)

I think this could be a way of getting to know the site better and
seeing if there are manuals that you think you would like to update,
improve or get ideas for new projects.

Probably the best thing to do is to pick a small mission and then to
email to ask for help for how to do it.

Many Thanks
Mick