[FM Discuss] Omnibook testing and bug tracker

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Apr 24 06:31:34 PDT 2018

On 04/23/2018 04:04 AM, Mick Chesterman wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a meeting with BookType people tomorrow. It would be great to
> put up any / all issues we've had about testing out Omnibook platform
> and related issues.
>
> You can post them to the list or use the bug tracker below.

For me, Omnibook's publishing is a distinct failure:

https://omnibook.pro/python-scripting-with-scribus/_full/

I spent a lot of time get this online version to look good enough for
all the lines of code in it. When it is published as PDF, it's so messed
up that it's impossible to fix. There are no clues as to how to change
this. This is also a book where an ePub is not really appropriate, given
all the lengthy lines of code.

I ended up downloading the text and making a proper PDF with Scribus,
where the formatting is much more straightforward.

Greg