[FM Discuss] introducing myself

Maren Hachmann maren at goos-habermann.de
Wed Jan 3 15:59:56 PST 2018

Hi Rosalind,

sorry, I didn't have the time to get to this before now.

Sounds like a great plan - and if you would like to dig into layout,
please familiarize yourself with the instructions on gitlab:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-docs/manuals/tree/master/beginners_guide

and with the details given at
http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/booktype-16-for-authors-and-publishers/formless-content/

and let me know if you think that's something you can work with.

You will find a CSS file that has been started by Jabier, one of our
main developers, who also happens to be a web designer, in the
repository (first link, click on css_and_fonts).

Inkscape doesn't have an official style guide yet, but it would be good
to stick with the branding guide lines and to try to stick to the color
scheme of the website:
https://inkscape.org/en/about/branding/

For screenshot-making, you should be using a Windows computer. But what
you could do on your Mac is prepare the drawings that can be screen-shot
(?) by someone with a Windows machine. Check out the chapters that we
have, look for images that require translation and contain a drawing,
then prepare a drawing and let us know here:
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape-docs/manuals/issues/16

Kind Regards,
 Maren