[FM Discuss] maybe wrapping up the Shotcut manual for now

M R matrobnew at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 11 00:52:06 PST 2018

Hi Mick, et al:

Last week I wrapped up the series of how-to chapters for my new Shotcut manual which I'd tagged beforehand as being most of the 'Getting Started' part.  This leaves the "Next Steps/Taking it further" part still empty, but I'm now thinking, with new demands on my time I might not get back to it for a long time.   And it was always my idea to open up advanced chapters to other contributors anyway, especially people with more actual expertise in video production.

Meanwhile, though, what I've got so far is reasonably substantial, and it's hella more substantial than *any* extant documentation out there now, on the shotcut site or otherwise, textual or video.  Meaning that people mind actually find it useful, while we wait to see whether we do end up with more advanced chapters.  I'd love it, Mick, if you could find the time to review what's written in the draft with that in mind, to see about the feasibility of putting some kind of preliminary bow on the doc.  We could either lose the "Next Steps" section (which is empty), or leave it as an open invitation.

I guess I also need someone to contribute installation stuff for Linux-based systems; we've got Win and OS.

thanks, and best,

Matt