[FM Discuss] pdf format of command line introduction

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Sat Mar 17 04:29:34 PDT 2018

Thanks so much, Mick. Introduction to the Command Line is, indeed, now
available on the new system.

This book was originally written together with the Free Software
Foundation, who organized a sprint around it. The redoubtable Adam Hyde
facilitated the project and I edited everything. I've always done work with
FLOSS Manuals as a volunteer, and as a volunteer I'm taking on a new
edition of the book.

The Free Software Foundation is holding a conference called LibrePlanet
next weekend (March 24-25) in the US in Cambridge, Mass. I'll hold an
informal workshop there for people who are interested in the update. We'll
set some parameters for what to put in and cut out. My goal is to keep the
size about the same, because a small book is inviting.

I can take ideas from people on this list, too, of course. If you know
anyone near Cambridge, Mass. who would like to join our discussion, they
can certainly walk over.

Andy Oram  |  Editor
O'Reilly Media, Inc.  |  617-499-7479 |  oreilly.com

[image: oreilly_email_logo.png] <http://oreilly.com/>