[FM Discuss] Audacity manual

M R matrobnew at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 18:05:32 PDT 2018

Hi Martin:

So...as of about January the Audacity manual had undergone a pretty thorough re-write, mostly at my hands with some help on the Mac and Linux bits, partly as a way of updating it from the original 1.2 version (now many years out of date) to 2.2.x, which was current as of this January.  All new screenshots, of course, but also lots of changes to feature descriptions etc.  At the end of that process Mick and some other folks had a read through, we tweaked a few things and published it.

So I guess I'm wondering whether it needs more work at this stage.  Of course there are always certain advanced features and functions that could still be addressed, but I would think that would be more a matter of just tacking on a few more how-to chapters.  Or are there some specific deficiencies you'd be interested in correcting?  I only sort of 'owned' that January re-write, so it's certainly open again as all the published Floss stuff is open.  Was just wondering what you had in mind.

best,

Matt