[FM Discuss] Fw: New Volunteer

mick at flossmanuals.net mick at flossmanuals.net
Thu Apr 18 04:02:29 PDT 2019

Hi there Martin and Sidney,

You export an epub from write.fm and then import it from  My Dashboard
in  http://en.flossmanuals.net

Click the CREATE BOOK button, give it a title and then

I had to lock down the settings so only admins can create books on the
site as we are no longer in the golden age of no-spam wikis
unfortunately. ;)

But you'll be able to do it Martin.

There's a still a bit of an annoying bug which makes working with
imported books tricky as existing images disappear.

But there is a work around here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TioNZgI8SQ8

This bug has slowed me down a bit, but it can we worked around. So I
agree let's port that manual and get it updated for the new system.

I guess also we should think about how a FLOSS Manuals manual would
complement this one on Booktype 2.X

http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/booktype-24-for-authors-and-publishers/what-is-booktype/

Thanks

Mick