[FM Discuss] Update on FM write migration and request to help test manuals

mick at flossmanuals.net mick at flossmanuals.net
Sun Jan 20 11:31:52 PST 2019

Hi there,

I just wanted to give a quick update on this process. We've done most of
the work on this page

https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/Fm-top20

Still some checking to do. But I've made the changes live on the
https://www.flossmanuals.net front page. So that most of those top 20
now point to the new server.

A quick next steps list is

* make URLs like https://en.flossmanuals.net/scribus/ point to -->
https://en.flossmanuals.net/scribus/_full/
* create a public place to log errors for new server and migration
process - the link at the bottom of the page is not public
* remove mentions of write.flossmanuals.net from the
https://www.flossmanuals.net front page, update them to point to
https://archive.flossmanuals.net
* check the what content is on write.flossmanuals.net, that isn't on
archive.flossmanuals.net and make backups of them available somewhere on
archive.flossmanuals.net (for example the finnish flossmanuals (we
should create an archive splash page for that also))
* complete and double check migration of all manuals listed at
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/Fm-top20

Thanks
Mick