[FM Discuss] Translating FLOSS Manuals to Danish... and other languages.

Aputsiaq Janussen aj at isit.gl
Sat Jul 11 19:37:20 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'd like to begin translating into a Danish version of "Introduction to the
Command Line".
I've contacted a suggested member of the FLOSS MANUALS community, but
thought I'd bring forth the following ideas.

I've seen other request on the mailing list for enabling to other languages
(Spanish and so on).

Would it be possible to extend to translation service, so that it contained
several other languages by default?
I suggests that finished books, or better finished chapters became available
for translation in several languages right away.

If there is administrative (human or technical) limitations on how many
language to include some (arbitrary) metric could be used.
I would then suggest to include the most active translation teams at
Ubuntu's Launchpad service:
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+translations

---
Best regards, Aputsiaq Janussen