[FM Discuss] Re : Re : localisation work

Nicolas Dufour nicoduf at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 22 23:17:50 PDT 2009

> > I already sent them to the tech list a couple of weeks ago. Do you want me to
> post them here too?
>
> yes please :)

OK.

1. French language uses lots of non ASCII characters. The render well in the body of the manual, but not in the index left column, the editing and managing interface and (the blocking part of the bug) the exported PDF (works well with the new Objavi2, but I don't know if it can be installed on FM-fr). Could it be related to i18n? According to Twiki manual (http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki.InstallationWithI18N), some additional install steps are required in order to provide this feature. But it could also be something else. I've compared the French site to the Farsi one, and the HTML header is different. May be related too. The index is also affected (not very convenient workaround: use ´, â, etc.).

2. The Inkscape manual let me change a chapter's title (with Arrange Index>Edit and then Save button) but the Audacity manual not (the index is reset when I click the Save button). I'm afraid newly transfered manuals won't either.

3. After clicking on the publish button, the page displays a recap and a link to the generated manual. For Audacity, the href is
http://fr.flossmanuals.net/publish/Audacity, but it leads to a 404. The correct href should be http://fr.flossmanuals.net/Audacity.

4. When trying to access the Inkscape manual, http://fr.flossmanuals.net/Inkscape_fr/ returns a 403. It works if I add the name of the first chapter (http://fr.flossmanuals.net/Inkscape_fr/Introduction). I don't have the same problem with Audacity (added recently). It's not very serious since I can link directly to the first chapter, but I doubt it's normal.

5. The html head title is always suffixed by (en) instead of (fr) - or nothing.Like this:

6. (newly discovered!) The discussion and modify links on the read section pages of the manuals always lead to www.flossmanuals.net instead of fr.flossmanuals.net.

But the French site has an old FM engine version, and other manuals may not be affected.

Regards.
--
Nicolas