[FM Discuss] Re : Re : localisation work

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Jul 23 10:53:10 PDT 2009

holy schmoly

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 06:17 +0000, Nicolas Dufour wrote:

> 2. The Inkscape manual let me change a chapter's title (with Arrange
>  Index>Edit and then Save button) but the Audacity manual not (the
>  index is reset when I click the Save button). I'm afraid newly
>  transfered manuals won't either.

this was a headache. but i worked it out at last...there was a corrupt
index file...Audacity index arrange now works...for future ref, if this
happens again remind me that its the TOC.txt,v (Table of Contents
versioning file) that was the problem...

> 3. After clicking on the publish button, the page displays a recap and a link to the generated manual. For Audacity, the href is
> http://fr.flossmanuals.net/publish/Audacity, but it leads to a 404. The correct href should be http://fr.flossmanuals.net/Audacity.

fixed

> 4. When trying to access the Inkscape manual, http://fr.flossmanuals.net/Inkscape_fr/ returns a 403. It works if I add the name of the first chapter (http://fr.flossmanuals.net/Inkscape_fr/Introduction). I don't have the same problem with Audacity (added recently). It's not very serious since I can link directly to the first chapter, but I doubt it's normal.

fixed

> 5. The html head title is always suffixed by (en) instead of (fr) - or nothing.Like this:

fixed
(you need to republish manuals to have the static html generated with
(fr) )

> 6. (newly discovered!) The discussion and modify links on the read section pages of the manuals always lead to www.flossmanuals.net instead of fr.flossmanuals.net.

fixed
(you also need to republish the manuals for the fr links ot be made for
each manual)

things to remember for all language community managers:
* the xchange feature does not automatically copy the index of a manual.
So until we sort this, you have to ask me to copy the index manually (on
the command line) when u create a new manual
* PDF generation from the publish process does not currently support
UTF-8...
* short links to published material also have to be set up by me on the
command line...so let me know before you publish a manual so i can set
it up before you go live with a published manual

roll on booki :)

is that all Nicolas? If so, then tomorrow I focus on the Finnish
stuff....

adam