[FM Discuss] why writing in collaboration is better

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Fri Jul 24 06:21:19 PDT 2009

Quick reply: I really do want to build my ideas into booki. I'm juggling so many things--but I think my work and my interests take me in that direction and I've got to try it. I'm doing some studying to get ready. As a reminder, the main ideas are in these two blogs:

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/02/developing-an-i.html
http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2008/01/two-tools-we-ne.html

As for writing for small audiences: yes, I think that's one of the great things about the web. In fact, my main goal is to provide support for people to write documentation that doesn't have a big enough market for O'Reilly to turn into a book. But I think one can go too far. I've done plenty myself of what I call "desk drawer publishing."

Andy