[Booki-dev] irc, demo, and trac

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Sep 10 01:38:12 PDT 2009

hey,

so...raj and m(ike?) mccabe...please introduce yourself to the
list...Aco and Douglas are here (the FM devs) and me. This is it so far
(we created the list yesterday).

Some info for you :
* irc
you can find us often on irc :
freenode.net
#flossmanuals

* email
use this channel for all email communication

-> note : we prefer not to com via skype. irc + email is better

* trac
http://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net/

we are focusing on milestone 1:
http://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=accepted&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=booki+0.1+demo

* booki demo tester
http://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net:8080

* git
Douglas is migrating the export engine to this dev domain, and will post
the url. There is a git url for booki but we require ssh keys for
it...Douglas - can we set this up?

* license
all dev is gpl v2+ (we will not reply to discussions about licenses
since it is a very very boring and distracting subject ;)

* components
for the sake of making sure we are all talking the same language...there
are three components :
- booki - manages user accounts, and this is where all the editing takes
place
- objavi - the export engine (ie. booki-> epub)
- espri - the import engine (ie epub->booki)

and we need some info from you :
* is there anyway to request a list of all books with epubs from the
archive.org server?
* what time and date is the presentation?
* Brewster said archive would get a server for us at Paul Vixies
place...Paul said yes and we sent the spec for the server but no reply
yet...is there anyway we can hussle via you guys this so its online
asap?

Since we (FM) are doing all the dev at the moment and its a short
timeline I would request we dont talk technical details about the
project yet, except where a discussion directly contributes to achieving
the deadline. Discussions about the architecture, bigger picture,
framework etc etc etc can come later, probably over coffee in SF.

okedoke... :)

Founder FLOSS Manuals
German mobile : + 49 15 2230 54563
Email : adam at flossmanuals.net