[Booki-dev] irc, demo, and trac

Mike McCabe mccabe at archive.org
Sun Sep 13 16:37:26 PDT 2009

Douglas -

Thanks for looking at my code.

OEBPS/page-template.xpgt does nothing useful, as yet.  It's from an
Adobe extension to .epub, and is used by the Adobe Digital Editions
(ADE) reader and thus (I suspect) the Sony Reader.  It codifies the
column-reformatting behavior of ADE.

It's intended to be referred to in a stylesheet header in the epub xhtml
docs... but I commented that out, as it makes my title page look bad.
Not sure if I'll end up using it.

This file is from Adobe's 'EPUB Best Practices Guide'.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/epubs/EPUBBestPractices-1_0_3.epub

... which has some other useful information.  An extension of theirs
that I suspect I *will* use eventually is the page-map file to link
reflowable epub text to source page numbers.

Mike