[Booki-dev] [Booki and Objavi Development] #156: Image size

John Curwood marketing at lovinglearning.co.nz
Thu Apr 1 03:37:21 PDT 2010

You are right about image handling/management - for a large book with
many images a method for organising would be necessary and it would be
good to be able to remove old images when they become outdated.

On another note, was there any thought of being able to import other
files into a document.
(some examples:
1 - say you have an instructional manual on... windsurfing and after
giving all the text about standing up on your board and pulling the
sail-up you want a small video demonstrating someone pulling up the sail
as they stand up on the board.
2 - someone is writing a book on the life of Mozart, attached to
significant parts of the book might be audio files of pieces he composed
around the events described in the chapters.
3 - a book on programming may want to have text files attached to
chapters demonstrating the techniques talked about in the book)

  I know these wouldn't be much use for a printed book, but anything
designed to be used electronically could make use of them.

woops that last section was supposed to be a footnote to the email and
now it's taking up 75% of it's content :)

cheers,

John