[Booki-dev] [Booki and Objavi Development] #156: Image size

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Apr 1 03:40:25 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 23:37 +1300, John Curwood wrote:
> You are right about image handling/management - for a large book with
> many images a method for organising would be necessary and it would be
> good to be able to remove old images when they become outdated.

i changed the bleeding edge version so xinha is wider but that wont be
live on the server for some time i wouldnt think

> On another note, was there any thought of being able to import other
> files into a document.
> (some examples:
> 1 - say you have an instructional manual on... windsurfing and after
> giving all the text about standing up on your board and pulling the
> sail-up you want a small video demonstrating someone pulling up the sail
> as they stand up on the board.
> 2 - someone is writing a book on the life of Mozart, attached to
> significant parts of the book might be audio files of pieces he composed
> around the events described in the chapters.
> 3 - a book on programming may want to have text files attached to
> chapters demonstrating the techniques talked about in the book)
>
>   I know these wouldn't be much use for a printed book, but anything
> designed to be used electronically could make use of them.

we would like to do this - can you add this as a ticket under the
milestone 'booki the musical' (this milestone is for things we want but
are not immediately required)

adam

> woops that last section was supposed to be a footnote to the email and
> now it's taking up 75% of it's content :)
>
> cheers,
>
> John
>
> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 11:47 +0200, adam hyde wrote:
> > yeah we need to work this out. i will put a ticket in trac to make xinha
> > wider as currently the width is < 600px...ten we need to work out some
> > of the rationale behind image handling
> >
> > adam
> >

> > On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 20:56 +0000, Booki and Objavi Development wrote:
> > > #156: Image size
> > > --------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
> > >  Reporter:  john    |       Owner:  adam, aco, douglas
> > >      Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
> > > Component:  Booki   |    Keywords:  image, image size, paragraph
> > > --------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
> > >  I've inserted images into the booki-dev-guide. when I went to look at the
> > >  chapter in reading view, the images are sitting outside the boundary of
> > >  the reading panel and they are also pulling the text width out to the
> > >  width of the image.
> > >  The chapter is "Accessing Booki" in the "Booki-dev-guide"
> > >  The first image has an original size of approx 695 px and was resized
> > >  after inserting it into the text to 600px.
> > >
> > >  The following two images were resized to 600px before I uploaded them to
> > >  booki.
> > >
> > >  I haven't tried anything smaller as 600px is the maximum standard
> > >  currently used for FM AND for a full-screen shot, or a photograph you
> > >  wouldn't want anything less than 600px wide, otherwise the details would
> > >  be too small.

Founder FLOSS Manuals
German mobile : + 49 177 4935122
Email : adam at flossmanuals.net