[Booki-dev] History Tab

John Curwood info at lovinglearning.co.nz
Tue Aug 3 11:49:45 PDT 2010

Hi aco,

You've done a fantastic job on Booki, the features that are now
available in the history tab are great, and the versioning feature looks
really cool, although I haven't spent much time looking at it yet.

I've been updating the communication chapter for Booki which includes a
section on the history tab and I have a few questions about it's
functions so I can complete the chapter.

1 - What does the "compare historically" button do? Nothing seems to
happen when I press it.
2 - In the earlier version of Booki, when I clicked on the "minor change
don't notify" box before saving a chapter there was no records made in
the history of the changes i had made, now if I click on that box before
saving a chapter a history log is still created, is this correct? and if
so what effect does the 'minor change don't notify' box have?
3 - In the earlier version of Booki, values entered into the Author, and
Author comment text boxes at the bottom of a chapter were displayed in
the history tab. Now they are not, so what purpose do these two text
boxes have? why would a user enter values into them? and if they do have
a purpose where could the info recorded in these text boxes be
displayed?

That's all for now, I haven't started on the version chapter yet but I
will have more questions for you then.

cheers,

John